Camp Currier was built by the Chickasaw Council in 1925 on land donated by prominent Memphian Elizabeth Currier. Located in Eudora, Mississippi, the camp was established as a year-round camping facility, in contrast to Kia Kima which was only open during the summer months. Currier quickly became a popular destination for Mid-South area Scouts who built their own campsites and cabins. In fact Currier became so popular that the State of Mississippi constructed a road from Eudora to the Tennessee state line to make traveling easier for Scouts and their leaders. During World War II, Kia Kima was closed due to gasoline rationing so summer camp operations shifted to Currier for the duration of the war. Camp Currier remains a popular overnight destination and continues to serve the year-round camping needs of area Scouts.
Beginning in 2013, an array of new facilities began to pop up at Camp Currier, the fruits of the Chickasaw Council Capital Campaign. Among the improvements, renovations, and additions added: a state-of-the-art climbing tower and challenge course, four new shooting ranges, a Campmaster quarters, renovated Golightly Cabin and Tomahawk Lodge (dining hall), an interactive Trail to Eagle, and updated campfire ring.
Camp Currier is available to in-council Scout units at no cost. In order to continue to operate this tremendous place year after year, Currier offers its facilities to any group interested in using them. Please consider supporting Camp Currier by holding your training or team-building event here!
Contact Johnny Tracy, at the Chickasaw Council, to learn more: 901-327-4193, ext. 208, or email@example.com, to learn more.